3. That Administration using input from Edmonton Transit System drivers and the transit unions provide a high level analysis by April 2018 including order of magnitude costing of various options to better support the first mile/last mile on our transit system. These options would include but not limited to:
b. - An updated community bus strategy (for local routes)
- A modern-day version of dial-a-bus
- Partnerships with vehicle manufacturers to develop a fleet of connected automated vehicles/buses
- Partnerships with Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council as well as seniors not for profit and for profit transportation companies
- Transfer of some reduced conventional local service hours to enhance DATS
- A combination of the above.