1. That Edmonton’s Transit Strategy as set out in Attachment 1 of the July 5 2017 Sustainable Development report CR_4513 be approved.
2. That Administration prepare a service package for the Fall Operating Budget adjustment to support implementation of the Transit Strategy by January 1 2020 with a bus network redesign project.
3. That Administration using input from Edmonton Transit System drivers and the transit unions provide a high level analysis by April 2018 including order of magnitude costing of various options to better support the first mile/last mile on our transit system. These options would include but not limited to:
a. Partnerships with the vehicle for hire and car-sharing industries
b. • An updated community bus strategy (for local routes)
• A modern-day version of dial-a-bus
• Partnerships with vehicle manufacturers to develop a fleet of connected automated vehicles/buses
• Partnerships with Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council as well as seniors not for profit and for profit transportation companies
• Transfer of some reduced conventional local service hours to enhance DATS
• A combination of the above.
4. That Administration provide a first phase of a transit priority measure feasibility study as outlined in principle 3.c. of Attachment 1 of the July 5 2017 Sustainable Development report CR_4513 by May 2018. This work is to include the infrastructure needs for possible ongoing Bus Rapid Transit and express bus routes for core routes in the Primary Transit Network.