Action: Can Administration can provide the following information:
1. How many seniors (65+) there are in Edmonton?
2. How many currently qualify for low income or otherwise subsidized recreation centre and transit passes (other than the general senior rates)?
3. Based on analysis already available within Administration for how many seniors is it estimated that cost is still a barrier for participation at recreation centres?
4. How many seniors currently purchase the standard senior rate recreation centre passes?
5. What would be the estimated cost to the City to provide all seniors’ transit and recreation passes at the lowest rate (e.g. the Leisure Access Program and Low Income Annual Transit Pass)?
Department: Citizen Svcs.
December 2017 Community and Pub. Svcs. Committee